Arabia Customs Guide
Customs Information and Guide for moving personal, household effects and
- Original B/L or AWB (to be consigned to your agent).
- Itemized descriptive inventory (including if possible invoices for major
- Certificate of insurance (if applicable).
|Valued over SR 10.000 (about US $ 3.000) : all
articles new and used subject to customs duties.
Audio Video 12%
|If no receipts or invoices can be produced,
Customs Authorities will evaluate these locally.
see items subject to censorship.
||Contact your agent.
||Duty free entry.
- All games of chance including chess sets, dice, backgammon and the like.
- weapons and firearms (real or ornamental) including guns, ammunition,
fireworks, spears, etc... If imported, owner will be subject to investigation that may
result in fines and / or prison.
- military uniforms or military equipment of any kind.
- Alcoholic beverages, including food items which contain alcohol such as
Vanilla extract, cooking wines etc..
- Wine making kits, any other items used in the preparation of alcoholic
beverages, and books on the manufacture of such drinks.
- Any kind of narcotics.
- Any type of radio transmitter or communications equipment (including
receivers VHF, Marine, or Police bands).
- Statues, figurines, carving or objects of the human or animal form.
- Pornographic material.
Customs Authorities regularly modify their rules.
All shipments coming in to Saudi Arabia are subject to strict
|Subject to Censorship.
- Phonographs records and tape recordings.
- Exposed film, including prints, slides, movies and video cartridges.
- Books, magazines, periodicals and other printed matter.
If such articles are in a PE & HHG shipment, it is very likely that
Customs will remove them for censorship. To reduce the time required to clear such
shipments, keep these articles separate and have them packed in clearly marked boxes. A
second delivery is made for these items when censorship is completed.